“How can you know what idols are competing for your heart ?”
- Don’t hoard (19)
- The things we hoard will not last (19)
- Store up things that are heavenly (20)
- These things will last (20)
- Our treasure is where our heart is (21)
- We can’t serve two masters (24)
- There will always be a conflict (24)
- What you are searching for and chasing after, reveals the gods that
are winning the war of your heart
- We are defined by our searches
- What would your data trail say about you ?
- Where does the search you are on lead ?
- We cannot just focus on symptoms, we must focus on our
- We can discover our idols by asking the following questions:
- What disappoints you ? (19)
- What do you complain about the most ?
- Where do you make financial sacrifices ?
- What worries you ? (24)
- Where is your sanctuary ? (24)
- What offends you ?
- What are your dreams ?
- Idols are not necessarily defeated by being removed, but by
replacing them with God, who should be placed back on the
throne of our hearts
Sermon Topics: Idolatry